A SAUCY ST PATRICK’S DAYPosted 9 March 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Seriously? How has it been an entire year since St. Patrick’s Day, 2017. The Guinness hangover from last year still sends shivers down our spine.
But, we’re not ones to dwell on the past, so – of course – we will be welcoming St. Patrick’s Day like an old friend, with a big smile and a stiff drink.
And let’s not forget a tasty spread to go with it. Last year we served up this delicious whiskey marinated salmon, so this year our minds are on something a little sweeter!
Cue our Marmande and Whiskey pudding - the perfect post-salmon dessert.
What you need:
○ 8 slices of white bread, crusts removed
○ 50g soft butter
○ 300ml full-fat milk
○ Vanilla flavoring
○ A pot double cream
○ 3 large eggs
○ tbsp. golden caster sugar
○ 1 tbsp whisky
○ Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Butter all slices of bread on both sides, then spread marmalade on 4 slices, to make 4 marmalade sandwiches.
2. Cut each sandwich into 4 small squares Nestle all pieces into a large baking dish. Heat oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas mark 3
3. Beat the milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, sugar and whisky together, then pour over the bread. Leave to soak for 30 mins
4. Spread a little more marmalade over the top of the pudding and add a sprinkling of icing sugar. Bake for 45 mins-1 hr or until puffy and starting to caramelize where the bread breaks out of the custard.